At Stella McCartney’s pre-Fall presentation this week, we were captivated with her models’ audacious eyewear – thick black glasses from McCartney’s new optical collection that are an ultimate example of “geek chic.” But wearing eye makeup with spectacles has some special rules, so using Stella’s models as an example, we ran to the Beauty Closet and created this tutorial for the look.
1. Prime skin with a smooth, dry foundation like Skin Illusion Loose Powder.
2. Apply a gentle layer of Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base, which enhances shadow and highlights the outer corner of your eyes.
3. On your full lid, apply a light but neutral shade across your whole lid. Then take a darker neutral shade (brown, not gray!), and apply with a fluffy shadow brush into the top crease. Eye Quartet Mineral Palette makes pairing colors easy, and you can add a bit more than normal, because glasses require a bit more definition on your lids.
4. If you want to copy Stella McCartney’s look completely, apply a thin, sharp line of black liquid eyeliner on your top lid only, from the inner lash line all the way into the outer crease.
5. Add mascara to the top and bottom lashes. (You can use the very tip of Instant Definition Mascara to coat your bottom lashes without clumps or streaks.)
6. Don’t neglect your brows – they frame your face and your glasses. Add color and definition with a carefully smudged streak of defining eyebrow pencil.